On the 16th December 2022厦门天文馆Xiamen Planetarium released the first batch of renderings, in which is great news for Good news for astronomy lovers: Xiamen Planetarium will be built next year to create a new landmark in Xiamen. In which Xiamen is a port city on China’s southeast coast, across a strait from Taiwan Province China, People’s Republic of China. .
厦门天文馆Xiamen Planetarium will be built next year to create a new landmark in Xiamen The project is planned to be started in early 2023 and be put into use in 2026.
In August this year 2022, the survey and design of the Planetarium located on the bank of the Sucuo River in Tong’an was called for public bidding Today, the planetarium released the renderings, and solicited from the public the planning plan for the text outline of the exhibition content.
According to the content of the announcement, the investment in the construction of the exhibition content is about 450 million yuan, and the venue is positioned as a comprehensive planetarium that integrates popular science exhibitions, astronomical observations, and astronomical education with “China’s first-class, distinctive regional characteristics”. The venue will be a new landmark in Tong’an District, and will make up for the gap in the construction of planetariums in southeast China.
Recently, Xiamen Science and Technology Museum Management Co., Ltd. organized a defense review meeting for the “Call for Planning Plans for the Exhibition Contents and Text Outline of Xiamen Planetarium Museum”. According to reports, the Xiamen Planetarium project is located in the core area of Xiamen Tongxiang High-tech City, with a total land area of about 27,000 square meters and a total construction area of about 55,000 square meters. The project is planned to start construction in early 2023 and be put into use in 2026
Xiamen Planetarium Here we come!
(1) Project location: East side of Sucuoxi River Basin, Tongxiang District, Xiamen
(2) Project scale: The project land area is about 27,043㎡, with a total construction area of about 55,350㎡, which can be used for planetarium exhibition halls (permanent and temporary exhibition halls) and public spaces The building area is about 24700㎡ (including about 4000 underground exhibition halls)㎡.
(3) Investment estimate: 450 million yuan will be invested in the construction of project exhibition contents.
(4) Project positioning: The function of Xiamen Planetarium is positioned as a comprehensive planetarium that integrates popular science exhibitions, astronomical observations, and astronomical education into a “first-class in China with distinctive regional characteristics”.
(5) Project value: The construction of Xiamen Planetarium will make up for the gap in the construction of planetariums in southeast China and promote the popularization of astronomical science; it will create a new landmark in Xiamen and provide Xiamen citizens and domestic and foreign tourists with an elegant environment to get in touch with new astronomical knowledge. Easily experience the beauty of the starry sky, understand the magnificence and subtlety of the universe, learn happily in personal experience, enhance the scientific connotation of the public, inspire creativity, and overall improve the level of social rational thinking and scientific cognition
Images and visuals are from their Respectives.