Visible matter only accounts for a mere 5% of the vast universe, while the other 95% is made of dark energy and dark matter, which cannot be seen and detected directly. Despite the adage that “seeing is believing”, how do scientists find evidence for the existence of these mysterious and invisible components in the universe? To explore the most baffling mysteries in astronomy, we are honoured to invite Dr. Hakeem Oluseyi, an internationally renowned astrophysicist from the United States, to elucidate the properties of dark energy and dark matter in the Space Museum!
Beyond his notable scientific research achievements, Dr. Oluseyi is also a passionate science educator, appearing on various programmes to share knowledge and inspiring the audience to live their dreams with his personal story. If you are interested in dark energy and dark matter, and Dr. Oluseyi’s journey to becoming a preeminent scientist, this lecture is not to be missed!
Dr. Hakeem Oluseyi, author of the critically acclaimed memoir, A Quantum Life: My Unlikely Journey from the Streets to the Stars, is an internationally-recognized astrophysicist, science TV personality, and global education advocate who has had a long, distinguished career in academia and scientific research. Most recently, he was stationed at NASA Headquarters, where he served as an Astrophysicist and Space Science Education Lead for NASA’s Science Mission Directorate. In this talk, Dr. Oluseyi will talk about his work in “hacking stars,” explain dark energy and dark matter, and use his personal story to inspire the audience to chase their dreams no matter how unlikely they may seem.
Speaker: Dr. Hakeem Oluseyi
Moderator: Mr. CHAN Chun-lam, Prince (Assistant Curator, Hong Kong Space Museum)
The lecture will be conducted in English.
Free admission on a first-come, first-served basis. Live streaming is also available on the Space Museum’s YouTube Channel.
Dark Energy and Dark Matter
Date: 13 March 2023 (Monday)
Time: 7:00 to 8:30 pm
Venue: Lecture Hall, Hong Kong Space Museum
Speaker: Dr. Hakeem Oluseyi (Astrophysicist)
Live Streaming Platform: Hong Kong Space Museum YouTube Channel
喺浩瀚嘅宇宙中，可見嘅物質只佔5%，另外有95%係我哋睇唔到，亦無法直接探測嘅暗物質同暗能量。大家成日話「眼見為實」，到底科學家又係點樣證實呢啲神秘成分係「隱身」喺宇宙之中？我哋好榮幸邀請到由美國遠道而來嘅著名天體物理學家Dr. Hakeem Oluseyi親臨太空館，介紹暗物質同暗能量嘅特性，同大家一齊探討呢個現今天文學上最耐人尋味嘅謎團！
Dr. Oluseyi除咗有傑出嘅科研成就，佢更熱心於科學教育，喺多個節目上分享知識，更以自身經歷鼓勵觀眾勇於追夢。如果大家想對暗物質同暗能量有多些了解，並藉此認識Dr. Oluseyi成為頂尖科學家嘅歷程，記得唔好錯過今次嘅講座！
講者：Dr. Hakeem Oluseyi（天體物理學家）
Located in the Heart of Hong Kong central of Victoria Harbour in which locate looking at the iconic Megatroplis HongKong Island city landscape from the opposite is the Hong Kong Space Museum 香港太空館 in which located at 10 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR, China –People’s Republic of China.. in which is one of the most international iconic buildings architecturally due to its hemispheric round dome in which is iconic known as one of Hong Kong’s local most cherish bread pastries the Pineapple Bun – Bolo Bao due to the pineapple ceramic texturing tiles of the dome structure that resembles the delicious texturing of the Pineapple Bun .. In which on In June 2014, the Hong Kong Government listed the pineapple bun as a part of Hong Kong’s intangible cultural heritage. … Despite the name, it does not traditionally contain pineapple; rather, the name refers to the look of the characteristic topping (which resembles the texture of a pineapple)……
Images and visuals are from the Hong Kong Space Museum -香港太空館 Hong Kong Space Museum –- 10 Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong SAR- China- People’s Republic of China …..